A minimum of 75 trimestral units(TU)** of work is required to complete an MA TTL degree. The credit hours are distributed as follows:
|Type of Courses||Thesis Track||Non-thesis Track|
|Core||24 TU||24 TU|
|Major||24 TU||24 TU|
|Cognates/Electives||10 TU||10 TU|
|Professional Internship||5 TU||5 TU|
|TOTAL||75 TU||75 TU|
- **CHED requires 36 semestral units. IGSL MATTL requires 75 trimestral units. One semestral unit is equivalent to 2/3 of a trimestral unit; thus for example, 75 TU x 2/3 is equal toabout 50 semestral units.
- Cognates/Electives: A choice of 3 courses that will enhance — Ministry Skills (3 credits), Integration of Biblical Principles (4 credits), and One’s Educational Practice (3 credits).
- ***One of the integrating courses for the non-thesis track should require a major paper on an action research or practicum in their major field.
- Previous graduate work completed in a recognized graduate school that has not been counted toward a degree may be considered for transfer credit to the MATTL degree on a case-to-case basis by the Program Committee.
- To qualify for Professional Internship: a student must have taken at least 50 units (2/3 of the course work) and has taken at least 1 research course.
Designed to be finished in 3-5 years, the courses are offered in many forms – modular, trimestral or during weekends.